For the past year or so my skin reached the worst state it has ever been. Nothing I did seemed to work. Today I think I can finally say that I've got a skincare routine in place that actually works. I follow it, I see results and that's all you really want. Now, we can all agree that mornings are hard on everyone. Even though I consider myself to be a morning person, it doesn't mean that the process of having to get out of bed and getting ready is any easier. The way I see things, if I'm awake, I want my skin to look awake too, and the following is what I find that works best for me.
As for cleanser I am loving my Origins GinZing Refreshing Scrub Cleanser. I was using The Body Shop Vitamin E Gentle Face Wash for quite a long time but it just didn't work. I've used many products from The Body Shop, including skincare items and they're all fantastic but this one just doesn't seem to make the cut. I simply didn't feel like it was doing anything for me; after using it I didn't feel any difference on my skin. Therefore, about a week ago I went back to the Origins GinZing Refreshing Scrub Cleanser and the results were immediate. My skin felt purified, looked brighter and my blemishes or any other concerns were being reduced. There's a full review for this here. 
To target any imperfections and blemishes I use the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo; I now reach for this on a daily basis; it really helps with scarring and dark spots and your skin tone becomes more even. This product doesn't need any presentations but anyhow, there's a more detail review here
Next logical step, moisturise. Due to my tendency for oily skin, I feel that a very light moisturiser is more than enough for me. I used one from The Body Shop Aloe range and now I'm using the Vitamin E Moisture Cream. You can easily tell by the texture that this is a really light moisturiser. Sinks well on the skin, it's not greasy at all so it doesn't affect my make up application. 
What products make up your morning skincare routine?

Post a Comment