This post was just going to be a round up of what I've been obsessing about for the past few weeks. However, since August has just finished (4 days ago already!), I guess an August Favourites would suit the purpose. Let's get cracking. 

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - No point going on about this as we all heard about this concealer. Some people even go to say this is a dupe for the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer which I never tried. For me, this is dreamy. It covers anything without looking cakey. I use it on blemishes, under eyes, dark spots and anything under the sun. Love. 

Stila One Step Correct - I wrote a more detailed review about it here. It is my all time favourite skin tone corrector. It brightens up your complexion, evens skin tone, helps with dark spots and hyperpigmentation. Holy grail. Couldn't recommend this enough.

Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy - I've been loving two of their shades. I find Checkmate to be so far the best nude I've ever encountered. Still noticeable but very discreet. On the other end, Hold'em is such a beautiful autumn shade and summer in Scotland is gone anyway so, I think it's alright to start nailing those autumn colours. 

Essie Super Duper Top Coat - This top coat makes the whole process of painting your nails much quicker. It dries so fast and gives that beautiful shine to the nail polish making it look like gel. Very good at keeping the chipping to a minimum. 

Summer Sorbet Aftersun Body Gelee - This body moisturiser came in My Little Box two months ago and smells amazing. I've been obsessing over it just because of how good it smells. This is an aftersun so it gives you a really soothing cooling effect on the skin. The texture is very light and liquid making it very absorbent. Wish I had holidays coming up soon and I would be all over this after a day at the beach. 

ELF Matte Lip Color - For me, this is the best of two worlds. You have the matte colour without any shine or gloss and it feels so soft and nourishing on the lips. I have the shade cranberry which is a very pretty pinky-red. My lips are often dry and matter lips are normally a no go for me so I was so pleasantly surprised with this.

Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Cream Eyeshadow - This is very similar to the Maybelline Color Tattoo but much more creamier. It's so soft, long lasting and not very pigmented (at first) but is definitely buildable which is great. I have the shade Anchors Away, a very pretty shimmery coppery taupe. 

L'oreal Nude Magique Blur Cream - This is a great pore perfector. Leaves your skin feel so silky smooth and it's an excellent base for your foundation giving you the perfect flawless finish. The only point I would change is the packaging. For some reason, this squirts everywhere when you press the tube and product goes flying.  

Seventeen Phwoarr Paint - Heavy duty under eye concealer. I find that this works even better when applied after the L'oreal Nude Magique Blur Cream. Blends beautifully and hides those dark circles perfectly.

Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide - Perfect. Skin looks so natural, light to medium coverage, not cakey at all and so long lasting. A more in depth review will be coming soon on the blog. In love with this.

Eve Lom Cleanser - I picked this up 2 weeks ago and been testing it out since. So far I am loving it. An oil based cleanser that removes all traces of make up leaving your skin brighter, smoother and clearer. A more detailed review is obviously on the cards for this one too. 
 
Have you tried any of these products?


Post a Comment