Foundations are one of my favourite beauty products to buy; that and skincare. Maybe because both are staples for a perfect base. Everything else is overrated but if you have a clear skin and a good foundation, what can go wrong? 

I've always loved the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser and it worked wonders until my skin became a little more problematic and lumps and bumps were getting a bit too obvious; a simple tinted moisturiser just didn't offer enough coverage. That's when I made my way to a counter and asked for something natural looking but buidable coverage, not cakey and also good for oily skin. I knew I was asking for an holy grail but my expectations were pretty low. 

I had come across the Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide on shopping websites but never really heard about it. I didn't think it was nothing that exceptional when the girl at the Laura Mercier counter was trying to match my colour however, I bought it and came home to give it another try; couldn't be any worse than my other foundations which obviously weren't doing the job.

Well, I love it. This is oil free, light to medium coverage but definitely buidable and very skin-like. I normally apply this with my Sigma F80 or the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge; or the brush and then the sponge just to perfect it and achieve that flawless finish. All around, it's so easy to blend and it doesn't stick to any dry patches or blemishes. Even though it's oil free, I always finish it off with a translucent powder as I tend to have an oily T-zone. Is worth to say that I conceal my spots as normally (nothing too heavy) and one application of the Flawless Fluide over my whole face is enough for an even skin tone and a brighter complexion.

The Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide (what a mouth full) is the best foundation I tried in the past few months. In fact, a couple of days ago I tried to use my Revlon Colorstay which I used to love and things didn't go as I expected; it just wasn't the same as this Laura Mercier beauty.  I wear the shade shell and for me, the best point about his foundation is how natural it looks but you can still buildable the coverage. 

What foundation are you raving about at the moment?

Post a Comment