Long time, no posts. It has been a busy, busy week. In fact I cannot believe that it has only been a week since I last wrote in here. The past few days have really been non-stop and filled with 6am  starts that won't finish before bed time (mine is around 11pm - the latest! so we're all good). 

For days like these, all you want is long-lasting make up that can help you look a little more presentable for any occasion. Therefore, I rely on some beautiful everyday effortless smudge pots to get the job done. From just going to university, to meeting friends or even doing some volunteering, these will cover all situations.

For days when I want a very natural but bright make up look, I reach for my Stila Smudge pot in Kitten. A super hyped shade from the Stila eyeshadows. A very pretty shimmery nude/slightly pigmented champagne colour. I like to wear this on its own with some eyeliner. Your look bigger and it brightens up the whole complexion. This is also such a versatile smudge pot as it can be used as highlighter or eyeshadow base. 

If I want a bit of colour but still want to have a fairly natural overall look, I would reach to my ELF smudge pot in Ain't That Sweet. A pretty soft pink shade. The quality of this smudge pot is not as good as the other ones being mentioned but it's still a good low budget item. 

For the later hours of the day, I tend to go for the darker colours like the beautiful Maybelline Color Tattoo in the shade On and On Bronze. The name really says it all and there has been plenty of presentations to this holy grail. In a more coppery tone I love the Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Cream Eyeshadow. I've spoken a little more about it in my August Favourites. Last but not least, my Lord & Berry Velluto eye pencil and shadow in Samoa. This is a shimmery grey/metallic shade. 

These are such easy everyday options for eye make up and some of them make it look like you've put much more effort into your make up than you actually did. So small and compact which make them perfect to carry around too.

What are your favourite everyday effortless staples for eye make up?

Post a Comment